ENTRY AND WAIVER FORMS
BOAT OPERATORS LICENSE
Over the past 10 years, Transport Canada has been phasing in a program designed to raise overall boating safety awareness. The requirement to carry proof of competency applies to Operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes. This includes both gas engines and electric motors. Proof of competency can be in one of three forms:
- A Pleasure Craft Operator Card;
- Proof of having successfully completed a boating safety course in Canada prior to April 1, 1999; or
- A completed rental-boat safety checklist
The test is relatively easy; i.e. multiple choice done online.
The website for taking the exam is http://www.boaterexam.com
More information is available from Transport Canada: www.tc.gc.ca, Pleasure Craft Operators section.
WE ALL WANT TO HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TIME ON THE RIVER, SO HERE ARE SOME COMMON SENSE RULES TO LIVE BY ON THE WATER:
- Make sure there are no legs or arms dangling over the edge of your raft during launch
- If you are in trouble wave your red signal to have someone arrive at your raft as soon as possible (NEVER misuse this signal)
- If you see someone red-flagging an emergency situation on their raft it is your obligation to make sure you or someone else gets to that raft as soon as possible.